Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Declaration

Without friends, who would be there to dry your tears after a bad breakup or eat all your ice cream in the fridge on the weekends? Certainly, not your parents. But that’s what friends are for. They are there to listen to you when no one else will and they will always be there to just hang out. Everyone should have friends in life; they keep us all sane.

I chose to do the concept of friendship because of a very special friend in my life. We may be more than half the world away, but the friendship is still there. When we first met, she was an exchange student from South Korea living in my house. I thought it would be awkward at first having some stranger living with me, but it wasn’t and that’s when I knew something was there. I never felt uncomfortable or awkward and I could just be myself.

The day she had to go back home, was the saddest day of my life. I’ve learned not to take friendship for granted because looking back, I see how much she really ment to me. We would spend everyday together and I always had a friend by my side. Anais Nin once said, “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new is born.” Our worlds had not changed until we met. Now, we are living in a new one with eyes of different perspectives. Without her friendship, I don’t know where I would be today.

1 comments:

Jess L. said...

MICHELLE.
that is so deep and beautiful. You should totally be an inspirational writer. Your the best, yaaaa! =]

weee,
Jess L.